Systems and Network Support Specialist
Computer Information Systems, Inc. (CIS) is a leader in providing Public Safety Software to Federal, State, County and Municipal agencies nationwide.
At CIS, our employees are a key asset of our business. We are committed to providing an exceptional work environment that values dedication, encourages creativity, and motivates employees to excel. CIS provides excellent benefits including employer paid medical, dental, life, and short term insurance.
As a Systems and Network Support Specialist, you will assist the Systems Team with installation, upgrades, maintenance and support of systems both internally and on site at customer locations. You will serve as a technical expert in the area of system administration for Windows based systems as well as configure, maintain and troubleshoot network related issues.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Configure, upgrade, maintain and troubleshoot hardware and software
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance across both internal and external systems using various system monitoring tools
- Organize, prioritize and troubleshoot system/network related tickets that are escalated to this team
- Interact with customers directly, on a technical level and in a professional manner, to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse by ensuring information security through access controls, security software, patching and firewalls
- Document and validate backup and recovery procedures
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Act as a mentor and help train help desk staff as needed
- Stay current with technology developments in system administration and network technology and recommend ways to take advantage of new technology
- After-hours on-call rotation
- Moderate lifting
- Experience with systems/network administrator or a similar role
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
- Reliable, highly motivated, with a positive attitude
- Travel may be required
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP Certifications
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP Certifications
- CISSP Certification
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Strong understanding of various technology platforms and concepts including:
- Windows client-server architectures and domain-based environments
- Virtualized infrastructures
- Storage including SAN, NAS, Cloud, etc
- SQL databases
- Networking including switching, routing, VPNs and firewalls
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of Sex, Race, Religion, Age, Handicap or National Origin.
Please fill out each section completely as possible.